PRSA Dallas Leadership Series
2020 Applications are now open - Submission deadline extended to june 30, 2020.
Launched in 2019, The PRSA Dallas Leadership Series is the chapter's flagship leadership development program and is designed to enhance leadership competency for public relations and communications practitioners. The curriculum consists of a series of four boot camps for early and mid-career professionals who are either new to leadership roles or are looking to expand their leadership confidence. The program equips participants with foundational leadership frameworks, skills, and strategies that they can apply to chapter service, other professional endeavors, and their personal lives.
Participation in the program is complimentary for PRSA Dallas members, and the 2020 class is limited to 12 participants. Applicants must be an active member of the Dallas chapter and have at least five years of professional experience to apply or be nominated to participate. A selection committee reviews all applications and prioritizes members who have demonstrated a commitment to the chapter through volunteering and involvement.
Participants will gain greater comfort, confidence, and competence:
- Identify targeted outcomes of participants' work that clearly align with and advance the organizational mission and professional goals
- Develop strategies and plans of action that clearly and effectively support participants in achieving desired outcomes
- Make decisions and apply skills and competence to contribute to the overall leadership capacity of the organization
- Create a stronger, more supported and knowledgeable leadership group that serves the organization and seeks to bolster and enhance the board, as well as organizational programming and operations
- Full participation in at least three of the four sessions of the yearlong program
- On-time arrival
- Engage in discussions with peers (asking questions, sharing tools and learnings, etc.)
- Readings or videos
- Organizational sleuthing - applying questions and inquiries at work based on topics covered in class
- Reflection - either individual or in online discussion group, often sharing what you have tried or observed
- A robust interest in PRSA Dallas and an active interest in becoming a PRSA Dallas leader
- Active participation in the chapter
Please ensure you can commit to the following program dates if applying for the 2020 class. All sessions are from 8:30 a.m. to noon:
- Saturday, August 22, 2020
- Saturday, October 17, 2020
- Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Saturday, March 20, 2021
Note: Additional optional enrichment activities may be scheduled between classes.
For the safety of all participants and speakers, 2020 sessions will take place virtually via Zoom. We will evaluate in-person sessions for the 2021 dates based on guidance from local officials and health experts at that time.
How to apply
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Chapter members who are interested in applying to the 2020 class must complete and submit an online application by Tuesday, June 30 at 11:59 p.m. Nominations from chapter members will be considered but are not required.
Applicants will be notified by mid-July of their application status.