PRSA Dallas Announces 2021 Board of Directors
The Public Relations Society of America’s Dallas Chapter is excited to announce the full 2021 board of directors.
Pamela Thompson, APR will serve as president and guide the premier professional organization serving Dallas’s diverse public relations, communications, and marketing community. As the principal advocate for industry excellence and ethical conduct in the profession, PRSA Dallas hosts over 20 programs per year, honors the best work in Dallas through annual awards, supports professional development, provides opportunities for mentorship, and sponsors four student society chapters.
The 2021 PRSA Dallas Board of Directors includes:
- President: Pamela Thompson, APR; Internal Communications Manager, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
- President-Elect: Thomas Bennett; Independent
- Immediate Past President: James Shackelford, APR; CEO, SomaComm
- Secretary: Emily Suied; Sr. Strategic Marketing Director, Susan G. Komen
- Treasurer: David Wolpert; Independent
- Vice President, Marketing: Brittany McKone; Senior Director, W20 Group
- Vice President, Programs: Kara Schectman; Public Relations, Fears Nachawati Law Firm
- Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Bernadette Davis, APR; Founder & CEO, Bernadette Davis Communications
- Director at Large: Jeannine Brew Braggs, APR; External Communications Manager, Verizon
- Director at Large: Veleisa Burrell; VP, Reputation Management, FleishmanHillard
- Director at Large: Scott Collins, APR; VP, Communications, Buckner International
- Director at Large: Kenn Dixon, APR; VP, Communications & PR; Texas Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists
- Director at Large: Melissa Flynn, APR; Principal, Melissa Flynn Public Relations & Marketing
- Director at Large: Amanda Tower; Founder & Creative Director, A Tower Public Relations
Congratulations to all those elected to the board of directors and a special thank you to Brooke Traister, APR for her service as the 2020 Nominating Committee Chair and her leadership as president (2019) and immediate past president (2020).